Guava is one of the healthiest fruits known for its impressive nutritional value and numerous health benefits. One of many benefits of guava is weight loss. You will be amazed to know that not only guava fruit but its leaves are also very beneficial for losing weight. Want to know how? Read on.
How guava leaves help in weight loss?
Guava leaves assist in weight loss in plenty of ways that I am going to discuss one by one below:
1. Strengthen your digestive system
If you consume guava leaves on regular basis, your body will produce the digestive enzymes more efficiently leading to better digestive system. Guava leaves are also helpful in treating various digestive disorders like bloating, indigestion, stomachache etc.
2. Improves your metabolism
A study shows that guava leaves are very beneficial for improving your metabolism. It regulates your metabolic activity while fulfilling your body’s daily needs for protein and other important minerals.
3. Control Blood Sugar
Most of the times, the complex carbs that you eat tend to convert into sugar and get stored in the fat cells. Drinking guava leaves tea can prevent these complex carbs turning into sugar and hence keeps you safe from gaining access weight.
4. Improves quality of sleep
Lack of proper 8 hours sleep is also one of the leading causes of weight gain because lack of sleep can prevent your body from functioning properly. On the other hand, if you drink guava leaves tree regularly, you can have a proper sleep and hence prevent yourself from gaining excess weight.
5. Acts as a stress reliever
A study states that stress is the leading cause of weight gain around your tummy and belly area. A stressed person tends to accumulate more fat inside his body than a calm and happy person. Guava leaves tea works best for relieving stress and helps your body to stay healthy and fit.
How to use guava leaves for weight loss?
Mostly people prefer drinking guava leaves tea for losing weight. You can also dry guava leaves and make fine powder and consume it to lose weight. The recipes are given below:
Guava Leaves Tea for Weight Loss
Guava leaves tea is known to possess many healing properties and have way more health benefits than just weight loss, which I am going to discuss further in last section. For now, let’s read how we can make guava leaves tea to lose weight.
You will need:
- 6-7 fresh guava leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- One glass water
- 1 mulethi
- Keep a glass of water to boil in a pan
- Put guava leaves, cinnamon stick, mulethi powder, and cardamom in it
- Let it boil for 15-20 mins
- Filter the tea and drink hot
You can also add 1 teaspoon of honey for a sweet taste. Do not use sugar or milk. One glass of guava leaves tea is enough in a day.
Best time to drink guava leaves tea
The best time to drink guava leaves tea is at night after dinner or in morning before breakfast. This tea boosts your digestive system and works best after dinner.
Guava Leaves Powder For Losing Fat
Another way you can consume guava leaves is in the powder form. Let’s see how to make guava leaves powder.
You will need:
- Dried guava leaves (Around 100 gm)
- Cinnamon sticks (4-5 sticks)
- Carom seed, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, dill seeds and fenugreek seeds (100 gram collectively)
- Black salt (1 teaspoon)
- Roast all the seeds in microwave or dry pan over a flame.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a fine paste.
- Store in an airtight container.
Best time to eat
The best time to eat this powder is in the morning and evening after your meal. It will help you digest your food better.
You should only eat ½ teaspoon of this powder after every meal.
Other Health Benefits of Guava Leaves
- Guava leaves are beneficial in reducing the blood glucose level and thus help diabetics by reducing glucosidease enzyme activity.
- If you drink guava leaf tea for 3 months regularly, you will be able to lower the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and regulates the levels of good cholesterol (HDL).
- Guava leaves are natural remedy for diarrhea and dysentery.
- Guava leaves are natural remedy for treating bronchitis in an effective way. Drinking guava leaf tea opens up the lungs, loosens the mucus, and provides relief from cough.
- These leaves are also quite effective in dealing with gums problems because of their anti-inflammatory properties. They help in relieving toothache, heal gums, and treat sore throats.
- If you are suffering from dengue fever, guava leaves can help you relieve the condition. Guava leaves increase your blood platelets and keep you strong even in case of high fever.
- Guava leaves can prevent or help in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- If you are suffering from low sperm count, guava leaves can treat you better. Drink guava leaf tea regularly in that case.
- Guava laves possess certain healing properties. Thus they help in treating cuts and wounds. They also prevent the infection in wounded areas.
- Guava leaves are very beneficial in the treatment of acne and black spots.